A number of conference and events organisers gathered at the Auckland Museum last night where the team at Centrepiece put on an exclusive showcase of their latest work.
- Sarah Hanson, Westpac; Lizzi Pearson,... Sarah Hanson, Westpac; Lizzi Pearson,...
- Kate Robinson and Gaylene Ashby,... Kate Robinson and Gaylene Ashby,...
- Rachelle Bertram and Kirsty O'Leary,... Rachelle Bertram and Kirsty O'Leary,...
A ramped up Marlborough flew in a taste of the region to Wellington PCOs and potential clients last week.
Business Events Marlborough treated the group to a wine and food matching evening, with wines by Cloudy Bay and canapes, sponsored by some of top Marlborough producers and created by celebrity chef Martin Bosley, at the Mojo St James.
We wanted to bring a taste of Marlborough to Wellington, says Nikki Roche, Business Events Marlborough business development manager. ‘A lot of our target clients are based here, obviously being so close, just 15 minutes flying time away.
‘Everything has really ramped up in Marlborough; we have the new ASB Theatre next door to the Convention Centre, the expanded five star Chateau Marlborough now with 80 rooms, Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre now has two exhibition halls , the new, luxury Marlborough Lodge, and we have added council support with more business events marketing funding so it’s exciting times.
At the event, Cloudy Bay brand experience ambassador, Nicky Hewett, took guests through the wine tasting, and introduced the winery’s new ‘Destination Catalogue’, offering five tailored, exclusive experiences from Cloudy Bay.
Convene 2017 is officially underway at the Vodafone Events Centre today, but it all started at the Welcome Function last night at the Rapids Bar at Vector Wero Whitewater Park.
Over nibbles and drinks, attendees got the chance to mix and mingle, network and talk about what is on show on the trade floor at Convene 2017.
Check out our photos from the event, courtesy of Rapley Photography.
Some great prizes and plenty of face-to-face business opportunities were highlights of the Destination Management Services workshop (DMS Connect) at the Maritime Room in Auckland.
- Look what I’ve won…Jim Doherty... Look what I’ve won…Jim Doherty...
- Diana McIlwrick, Dinamics (centre) won... Diana McIlwrick, Dinamics (centre) won...
About 30 business event organisers, corporate agents media and hotel representatives were out on the Auckland Harbour aboard Hauraki Blue with Marriot International recently.
The evening included the opportunity to win return trips with both Air new Zealand and Virgin Australia, as well as staying at Marriott properties in Fiji, Samoa and Gold Coast.
- From World Travellers Fuzion Travel... From World Travellers Fuzion Travel...
- Asa Wadeskog, Brittany Burbidge, Jess... Asa Wadeskog, Brittany Burbidge, Jess...
- Kim Herd and Nicky Tilsey,... Kim Herd and Nicky Tilsey,...
- David Caldwell, All Black Tours;... David Caldwell, All Black Tours;...