- Find a job with Hospojobs
Business Development Manager - BE Wellington
Looking for an opportunity to be part of the team responsible for bringing conferences to the Wellington region?
We are looking for a seasoned Business Development Manager who can effectively attract and secure business events for the Wellington region – not only for today but in preparation for Tākina, the new Wellington Convention and Exhibition Centre due for completion in 2023.
With a background in sales, you will be making proactive sales calls for new potential conference opportunities and preparing presentations and bids as required. This includes bidding for conferences and contributing to the overall BEW business plan.
This role is fixed term, covering parental leave for approximately 12 months.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying, attracting and securing conferences for Wellington, working with local partners and Tourism New Zealand.
- Supporting the conference bidding process for Wellington and our partners for conferences with/outside the Conference Assistance Programme.
- Carrying out attraction and sales activity in the business events sector that relate to bidding for- and hosting conferences.
- Representing the Business Events Wellington team to actively promote Wellington as a business events destination in the New Zealand market, along with participating in tradeshow activities.
Our ideal person will be a team player and have proven experience in business development and strong stakeholder engagement abilities.
The experience and attributes you will bring are:
- Proven experience in a business development role, ideally in the business events, conference or convention sector.
- Proven record of meeting sales targets and managing a client and events portfolio.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer/clients' needs.
WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
Why people love it here
As an equal opportunity employer, WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, have fun and make a difference.
We have flexible working options, a wellbeing programme, relaxed working environments, encouragement to be yourself and a collaborative culture. Check out some of the varied things we do in the video below.
You can find the job description on WellingtonNZ's website - https://www.wellingtonnz.com/about-wellingtonnz/our-team/join-the-wellingtonnz-team/
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 20 January 2021. We will be processing applications as they come in and will be in touch shortly after applications close.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
Sales Manager - Trinity Wharf - Tauranga
Trinity Wharf is an over-water hotel, restaurant and events destination. It is owned by a local family whose dream was to highlight the spectacular beauty and spirit of the Tauranga harbour that is so integral to the Bay of Plenty lifestyle. Built on three piers that stretch over the water’s edge, the hotel’s panoramic water views are framed by floor to ceiling glass that bring the tranquil elements of the outside world in. Whether for work or for play, our guests come to relax from the hustle and bustle of city life, and to soak up the relaxed, laid back atmosphere.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sales Manager.
At Trinity Wharf, every employee contributes to a seamless and memorable guest experience. We are a highly collaborative team, who are passionate about hospitality and are proud of where we work. We believe our uniquely close connection to the water makes us arguable one of the Bay’s best locations!
As Sales Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining sales for the hotel including both existing negotiated account customers, and new customers/opportunities within the hotel in order to meet sales financial objectives.
This is a busy and varied role in a team with a fun, positive and family focused dynamic. You’ll ideally be a bubbly, efficient and highly capable person with proven sales management experience, and a polished and professional approach.
- Plan and implement sales strategies, targets and tactics to achieve revenue targets for Rooms, all Food and Beverage areas (including Conferencing) and other incremental revenue centres, in conjunction with the Sales Operations Manager.
- Attend various events, trade shows, direct sales calls, site inspections, telephone sales, training and presentations and host internal sales and marketing events.
- Provide outstanding customer service and build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Initiate and prepare quotes, rate agreements and tenders for nominated rooms and event revenue.
- Undertake annual rate negotiations across all tiers in line with the rate plan. Manage rate loading in PMS system, the Channel Manager and the GDS.
- Understand the end-to-end process of rate loading, including relevant restrictions, vouchers, channels and tools for distribution.
- Prepare sales reports to Sales Operations Manager in order to address a forecast, and revenue reports and overall sales activity and achievements, using the internal CRM & PMS systems.
- Contribute to and assist in the development of new products and services, new sales and marketing techniques, campaigns or initiatives.
- Promote team spirit and ensure effective communication.
- Excellent customer service, communication and leadership skills.
- Team player, establishment and excellence. Positive attitude, outgoing friendly personality.
- Reliable and flexible to change.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong sales and development skills.
- Experience in sales and business development.
- Presentation skills.
- Prospecting skills.
- Experience/ competent in cloud-based sales tools and mobile technology.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We’re social! Follow us at:
Or search @trinitywharftauranga
Sales / Event Coordinator - Exhibition Hire Services
Are you wanting to work in the leading New Zealand Exhibition Hire company?
Exhibition Hire Services is a leading Event Company providing services Nationwide to the event market.
We are looking for an outstanding Event Coordinator / Sales person to work as an integral part of our Wellington office, delivering events and exhibitions locally and nationally.
You will have at least 2-3 years events or sales experience with a passion for organising and coordinating people and events.
This role is only suitable for a tenacious, driven, solution finding self-starter, with a 'can-do attitude who is ambitious and hungry for success with a high level of attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, fantastic written and oral communication skills, and excellent computer skills. You will need strong interpersonal skills and have a professional and positive attitude, remaining patient at all times, and calm under pressure.
This role is for NZ residents and permit holders only.
I look forward to receiving your applications soon
Exhibition Hire Services
Operations Manager - Exhibitions and Events
Coast Group is a family of companies with a diverse range of services dedicated to providing excellence across all facets of the events & signage industries.
Here at Coast Group, we believe that People are our Power and are looking for an operations superstar to join our Christchurch based team - could this be you???
Working in our Christchurch Exhibition team office (which services the South Island), you will be responsible for making it happen!
This can be a physical role at times, and requires someone with practical skills that can think outside the square on the run, as well as having strong communication skills and computer skills.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Assisting the branch manager in developing and implementing strategic policies and plans
- General staff management, including rostering, organising casual / temp staff as required, monitoring quality and output of work
- General Warehouse and fleet maintenance management i.e. consumables etc
- Recruitment of new staff
- Implementing H&S policies within exhibition department
- Manage supply requirements for all jobs (i.e. spec plan)
- Working out transport requirements based on show size
- Book trucks / forklifts / flights / accommodation
- Collating information sent by coordinators for build team to execute build
- Effectively marking out plans onto venue floor to ensure staff build efficiently and to plan
- liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure a smooth installation
- Installation of exhibition / events - including delivery of partitions / furniture / signage / flooring and some AV equipment
To the right candidate full training will be provided in all these areas.
Hours of work will be 40+hrs per week - with overtime opportunities. There will be some weekend and evening work required and travel.
A FULL drivers license is essential (HT is a major advantage) - please be aware that some truck driving around the South Island WILL be required for this job. We will discuss options for putting you through this licence during the interview if required.
All applications MUST include a CV and cover letter