Professional Conference Organisers - Conferences & Events Ltd is recruiting for a Conference
Manager, based in Wellington or possible option to work remotely.
C&E have been leaders in the conference organising sector in New Zealand since 1990. We are based in Willis Street in central Wellington. The Person we are looking for will be someone who has a proven career track record with a minimum of 3+ years experience in a PCO management role.
Your role will require you to:
· Work closely with different clients working in various industries to understand their desired outcomes, and ensure the vision for their conference is achieved.
· Take the lead on all aspects of organising multi faceted conferences and events; in person, virtual and hybrid.
· Have exceptional communication skills and be skilled in facilitating and developing relationships.
· Have well developed project management skills, which will include financial/budgeting, marketing, research and technical abilities.
· Regular travel to plan and deliver meetings and events.
To succeed and enjoy this role you need to have the following skills and traits:
· A curious and proactive ‘can do’ personality and be keen to grow professionally
· Have an understanding of, and be interested in working with our team to develop our online offerings in the hybrid and virtual environment.
· Love a challenge and not be intimidated working in moments of high pressure
· Be up to speed and plugged into social media marketing and business engagement
· Innovative and creative thinker
· Have the ability to engage and communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
· You will be working alongside and supported by an experienced group of professionals and be part of a small team environment – so you’ll want to get involved and fully participate
· Experience of working with 'EventsAir' event management software desirable.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them. Applications will close when we have found the right person.
Applicants must already have New Zealand residency.