We are looking for an energetic, forward thinking, and experienced Functions and Events Manager who will thrive on working in a fast-paced environment and has exceptional organisational skills with an eye for detail.
Highlands is an international destination for events, tourism, and activities so you will need to be able to manage diverse groups through a variety of our experiences, from Go-Karts to activities on track, and F & B operations. No two groups are really the same and we pride ourselves on delivering the exceptional – so exceptional needs to be your benchmark.
Highlands also hosts two – three major motorsport events each year, and you’ll be responsible for managing the off-track logistics of these events - while motorsport experience is not necessary, previous event management experience is a must.
Customer service, both internally and externally will be your number one priority. You’ll be able to multitask and prioritise your workload accordingly. This hands-on role will be incredibly rewarding for the successful candidate.
You’ll need to have great computer skills, excellent personal presentation, and a can-do assertive attitude. You’ll need to have flexibility to work weekends and overtime to cover functions demand as Highlands is a seven day a week operation. This is a varied and busy role that that will draw on your previous events management experience.
The Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively and confidently with a wide range of people.
- Experience working in an event management/ functions manager role – minimum 3 years.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise deadlines and workload.
- Excellent negotiation and financial/budgeting skills
- Sound analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change.
- Meticulous with an eye for detail.
- Have a proactive, positive, and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of the role.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to think on your feet.
If you’ve finished reading and you are thinking – that’s me – then we want to hear from you – NOW! Our current Functions and Event Manager is going on maternity leave in August. This will be a full time role from the starting date through until August 2022.