PCOA 2019 started as it meant to go on with series of presentations to give professional conference organisers and event planners an extra edge, to pass on information and skills even the savviest of meetings organisers perhaps didn’t even know they lacked. This is not to infer that these delegates were in any way remiss in their skill sets but the times, they are constantly a-changing, and it can be hard to keep up. While we are ooh-ing and ah-ing at the latest advance, another one is already on its way. And if you don’t know it’s there, you don’t know to look for it.
Auckland-based Debbie Mayo-Smith led an informative seminar offering nine solutions to five problems that could be detrimental to efficiency. Not only were they good pro-active solutions, they were free or ‘freesy’, says Mayo. All options are available via Google or Microsoft and can be used without special permissions or involving an IT department.
- Risk sharing and management; solved by 1 Drive and Google Drive
- Managing information (often ‘managed’ by SurveyMonkey); solved by Microsoft Forms
- Communication with team members and clients; solved by Microsoft Teams and Sway
- How to be more memorable and persuasive; solved by Google Pin drop and map
- How to promote your services; solved by Google Sites and Google My Business