Back for 2017, Convene Q celebrated its fourth birthday at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
All up, 88 Exhibitors, 23 hosted buyers and around 200 day buyers convened in the sunny city to network and negotiate.
Allyssa Eastaugh, general and events manager of ProMag Publishing says this year’s event brought together more geographic regions from across Queensland than ever before.
Exhibitors at Convene Q worked hard to attract the attention of the many buyers that filtered through on the day of the event.
And, every year there are two stand out stands chosen as a winner and a runner up on the day.
For this year’s event, the judges chose Howard Smith Wharves’ stand as the winner because it was not only stunning, but the exhibitor, Sally Pulford ‘was so passionate about the brand..there was a real excitement about what they had install for the market.’
Igloos, fireworks, jet packs and more - the Convene Q 2017 Welcome Function at Customs House Brisbane kicked off with a bang.
While buyers and exhibitors networked, Jetpack Events and Skylighter fireworks teamed up for the first time ever, bringing the audience an action-packed pyrotechnic show right next to Brisbane's famous Story Bridge.
- Group huddle in the igloo Group huddle in the igloo
- Greg Ward, MC; Allyssa Eastaugh... Greg Ward, MC; Allyssa Eastaugh...
- David Caldwell, All Blacks Tours;... David Caldwell, All Blacks Tours;...
- Rebecca Henderson, BlueScope; Rebecca Smith,... Rebecca Henderson, BlueScope; Rebecca Smith,...
- Corinne Mikkelsen, The Ginger Factory;... Corinne Mikkelsen, The Ginger Factory;...
- Elisha Bellingham, Equity Trustees; Jodie... Elisha Bellingham, Equity Trustees; Jodie...
Convene Queensland 2017 kicked off today in Brisbane.
In its fourth year running, buyers and operators all met at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre to network, swap business cards and share their Queensland knowledge.
Business events professionals attending Convene Queensland 2017 are welcome to register for its pre-famil tours.
There are three pre-famil tours on offer; Mackay, coinciding with the last days of the Mackay Festival of Arts; Brisbane – Sunshine Coast dual city famil; and long time favourite Gold Coast with a Commonwealth Games twist.