Marketing Manager - Business Events
Fixed term role, Full time
New Zealand is the ultimate Business Events destination. Tourism New Zealand’s role is to make sure that the world knows it. We do this by developing and implementing strategies to market New Zealand as a conference and incentive destination internationally. Our purpose is to grow the value of international visitors for the benefit of the New Zealand economy. This is achieved by developing and implementing marketing, media, trade, and partnership strategies working co-operatively with our offices around the world and the business events industry.
This is a great fixed term opportunity working closely with key contacts in the NZ Business Events Industry to raise NZ’s profile in the conference and incentive sector. You will do this by developing and implementing Tourism New Zealand’s B2B marketing strategy which promotes New Zealand as a conference and incentive destination. With your exceptional people skills you will manage the NZ based Business Events Marketing team and lead the development and delivery of the business events marketing strategy.
The role manages B2B campaign activity in key offshore markets and to New Zealand based associations and decision makers. You will be responsible for the development of marketing assets, content and events to promote New Zealand as a compelling business events destination.
To be successful, you will need a tertiary qualification and relevant B2B Marketing Communications experience ideally within an international environment, and have knowledge of destination New Zealand including venues, accommodation and experiences. You’ll have a proven track record using your strong commercial capability to build effective relationships and partnerships and translate marketing strategy into successful results.
Become part of a fun, global team with shared goals - taking 100% Pure New Zealand brand to the world. Your ability to engage and involve others and your passion and connection to New Zealand will ensure your success. If you have superb communication skills, you are someone who pursues everything you do with energy and drive, then we want to hear from you!
To view a position description and to apply for this role, please go to our careers page on www.tourismnewzealand.com/about/careers and send us your CV and cover letter, and click the Apply Now!
Closing date: Thursday 26thOctober 2018
Event Coordinator - Event Dynamics
Event Dynamics Limited
Event Co ordinator
- Small team of enthusiastic and engaged employees
- Rapidly rising industry
Event Dynamics is on the lookout for a creative and enthusiastic Event Co ordinator with an eye for detail who will assist in delivering our clients vision.
About Event Dynamics
We are professional conference organisers, managing events ranging from executive board meetings to multi day international conferences.
We understand what it means to create an extraordinary event and how the impact on attendees and sponsors of an "experience", rather than "just a meeting", can create long lasting impressions.
About the Role
This Full Time role gives you the perfect opportunity to develop and grow your events and conferencing career.
Reporting directly to the Senior Event Director you will be working in a small yet dynamic team that organise events from the boutique to the bold. Based in our office in Remuera, you must also be able to travel wherever events take us.
- Pre event planning
- Manage event registration process
- Air and ground travel arrangements
- Budgeting skills, with a high level of cost consciousness
- Assist the team as and when required
- Liaise with clients prior, during and after events
- Ensure clear communication with clients and colleagues
- Fully supervise events as required
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for events
- Excellent time management abilities
- Efficient administrative skills allowing you to assist with many projects on the go
- The ability to follow through the consequences of changes in event details
- Sound computing skills and experience in the use of Event Management systems and software will be an advantage
Event Co ordinator Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Event Director you will be responsible for planning and multi tasking in day to day execution of pre event work, client communication and supplier relationships in a timely and professional way. You will be responsible for capturing, entering and maintaining client information relevant to upcoming events, accurately and thoroughly. This includes managing event registration processes, air and ground travel arrangements, adhering to deadlines, and working independently in an organised way. Confident telephone manner will be required. Further you will need to use various software programmes and a degree of confidentiality, supported problem solving and decision making will be required.
In return we offer a great environment in which to carry out your role within a small team. We will provide computer hardware and cover any expenses related to work at Event Dynamics incurred while on the job if any.
- develop concepts for an event
- work closely with clients, contractors, staff and volunteers
- create plans and documentation for the event
- adhere to budgets for events if relevant
- book the venue or venues, and event equipment
- registration management
- air and ground travel arrangements where necessary for delegates, exhibitors, speakers and sponsors
- assist with event promotion
- deal with enquiries about the event
- assist with sponsorship management
- any other task designated by Senior Event Director or Managing Director.
Skills and knowledge
- high level of written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- ability to network confidently
- good knowledge and understanding of social media
- knowledge of the venues, contractors and suppliers used by the events industry
- risk management skills, and knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- knowledge of the entertainment and hospitality industries
- skill in managing finances, budgets and large groups of people.
- Event Management and other software suites
- a degree of confidentiality
- supported problem solving and decision making
- may work regular business hours, but may also work weekends or evenings and unsocial hours
- usually work in office and wherever events are held – this can include all types of indoor and outdoor venues and facilities
- may travel to events throughout New Zealand
Operations Assistant - NW Group
NW Group incorporates both Oceania Productions and Spyglass in New Zealand. We provide technical equipment and services to the NZ live entertainment and event industry. We work on many of New Zealand's events and festivals, corporate events, concerts, theatre shows, live sport events and live broadcasts.
We have the contract for a number of iconic central Wellington venues and are now looking for an Operations Assistant to support our Operations Manager in Wellington. The successful applicant needs to be available to work outside normal office hours from time to time due to the 24/7 nature of our dynamic industry.
We are looking for a star who can:
- Provide administration support including scheduling utilising Find my Shift and Hire Track for Wellington Operations
- Ensure Find My Shift is kept up to date with bookings as far in advance as possible
- Support the Operations Manager in planning and logistics of staffing and transport for the Wellington operation
- Provide supervision and direction for casual employees and contractors
- Retain a ready pool of casual employees and contractors
- Co-ordinate relevant, ongoing staff training and certification
- Maintain staff records
- Assist with management of casual staff contracts
- Manage petty cash and provide monthly reconciliation to head office
- Provide weekly payroll information (timesheets/contractor invoices/staff reimbursements) to head office
- Order and maintain office supplies such as stationery and staff consumables
- Administration support with health and safety documentation
Relevant industry experience in the live event industry would be a strong advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand, have citizenship or residency status or hold a current work visa.
Manager, Global Accounts - HelmsBriscoe
Manager, Global Accounts - Hospitality Sales Experience a Major Advantage
HelmsBriscoe is expanding its team of Meetings and Event Consultants (HelmsBriscoe Associates) in Australasia and are looking for people to join us in New Zealand. This is an ideal opportunity for professionals who have hotel meeting planning or sales experience, are looking for a change and who would prefer to work for themselves.
HelmsBriscoe offers full training and support and our business coaches will help you to develop your own portfolio of clients. Your clients can be located in New Zealand or anywhere else in the world and can include any individual company or organisation booking a hotel or meeting/event space and/or accommodation for a group of 10+ people.
As a HelmsBrsicoe Associate, you would:
1. Consult with each client to understand their meeting/event needs and priorities
2. Research, select and present the most suitable hotels/venues
3. Support the client in their decision-making-process
4. Negotiate the best rates and conditions with the preferred hotel/venue
5. Review the contract with the client
The ideal candidate enjoys proactive sales, is a great networker and excellent at building and maintaining long term relationships with clients and venues.
Each HelmsBriscoe Associate provides a personalised service to their clients, supported by the largest venue sourcing company in the world with 2017 sales of US$1.275 Billion+ buying power.
We do not charge a fee to join our organisation and you will be self-employed as an independent contractor. If you are thinking of setting up your own business, or are already self-employed, then you may wish to consider becoming a part of a global team of 1,300+ HelmsBriscoe Associates in 55 countries. This is a flexible full time home-based business opportunity and can be tailored to meet your personal needs. It's the ideal business with which to create the perfect work-life balance and for those wishing to spend precious time with their families. You will be paid a commission by HelmsBriscoe based on your sales performance (no salary) and there is unlimited earning potential.