Business Development Executive - Jet Park Hotels
Exciting, challenging Business Development Executive position to stretch your sales skills!
Jet Park Airport Hotel and Conference Centreis an award winning 4-star plus hotel situated only 5 minutes from Auckland International Airport. The hotel has 221 rooms, an a la carte restaurant, lounge bar, and a modern 250-person conference facility. The sister property, Jet Park Hotel Rotorua is a 4-star, fully renovated hotel with 63 rooms and just walking distance to the town centre. We also have a new Hamilton airport hotel opening in May.
We are seeking an energetic, business-savvy individual. If you are excited by the prospect of representing 3 outstanding hotels, winning new business, are happy to roll your sleeves up and participate in a range of sales related activities, are confident in your ability to secure lasting sales relationships, have an analytical mind with lots of business savvy and keen to find ways to grow business and if you can accurately assess client need - we'd love to hear from you!
Reporting to our Director of Marketing, Distribution & Sales, you will be responsible for ensuring that hotel room sales are maximized through excellent management and expansion of corporate and travel industry clients. You will be part of a team of 2 others who are also chasing business- A BDM and our Director of Sales (Trade). The wider team also includes reservations, conference and marketing.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To be a forward-thinking individual who can convert customer needs into sales!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be well presented.
- To have an astute mind, can analyse data and have an eye for detail.
- Some previous experience in sales industry.
- The ability to build genuine relationships with customers and hold experience as an account manager.
- To be highly organized, have good time-management skills and enjoy working independently.
- The ability to provide memorable customer service to our guests and clients.
- Sound computer skills across a variety of software applications.
- Plenty of enthusiasm, drive and a passion for sales.
- The ability to travel for a week at a time to various locations out of Auckland; a current driving license is essential.
We offer an excellent working environment, laptop and mobile phone, dry-cleaning allowance, meals on duty, free car parking, and discounted hotel rates.
This is a fantastic opportunity to represent a well-respected property and work alongside a great team – apply today! Please visit our website for more information about the hotel and our team – www.jetpark.co.nz. Only those legally allowed to work in New Zealand need apply.
Manager Global Accounts - Helms Briscoe
Manager, Global Accounts - Hospitality Sales Experience a Major Advantage
NZ wide locations
HelmsBriscoe is expanding its team of Meetings and Event Consultants (HelmsBriscoe Associates) in Australasia and are looking for multiple people to join us in various locations around New Zealand. This is an ideal opportunity for professionals who have hotel meeting planning or sales experience, are looking for a change and who would prefer to work for themselves.
HelmsBriscoe offers full training and support and our business coaches will help you to develop your own portfolio of clients. Your clients can be located in New Zealand or anywhere else in the world and can include any individual company or organisation booking a hotel or meeting/event space and/or accommodation for a group of 10+ people.
As a HelmsBrsicoe Associate, you would:
1. Consult with each client to understand their meeting/event needs and priorities
2. Research, select and present the most suitable hotels/venues
3. Support the client in their decision-making-process
4. Negotiate the best rates and conditions with the preferred hotel/venue
5. Review the contract with the client
The ideal candidate enjoys proactive sales, is a great networker and excellent at building and maintaining long term relationships with clients and venues.
Each HelmsBriscoe Associate provides a personalised service to their clients, supported by the largest venue sourcing company in the world with 2017 sales of US$1.275 Billion+ buying power.
We do not charge a fee to join our organisation and you will be self-employed as an independent contractor. If you are thinking of setting up your own business, or are already self-employed, then you may wish to consider becoming a part of a global team of 1,300+ HelmsBriscoe Associates in 55 countries. This is a flexible full time home-based business opportunity and can be tailored to meet your personal needs. It's the ideal business with which to create the perfect work-life balance and for those wishing to spend precious time with their families. You will be paid a commission by HelmsBriscoe based on your sales performance (no salary) and there is unlimited earning potential.